Thursday, November 1, 2012

Dollars for a Dodge

Well, we did it again.

We sold.
our.
truck.

It was our every day driver,
our faithful one,
a sharp looking ride,
the nicest vehicle we'd ever owned,
our truck.

There. I said it. I almost didn't think I'd manage saying that. 
I liked that truck. 
It was clean. 
It was smooth. 
It was quiet. 
It got me where I wanted to go...
 and it could do it fast. 
This was our truck.

But it's not now. A guy who really, really wanted it, is now the proud new owner of it. 

I felt a little sad when I watched this, knowing that it wasn't coming back in this driveway as mine again...
It's ok, I think. We deemed the check that we could get out of it worth more to us than the truck itself.

The only problem is... what do we drive now?

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to get one of those really cool little 2 seater "smart" cars... either that, or a bicycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad. I feel like Amish right now because we don't have enough vehicles and I have to get picked up and taken to work. :/ Not fun. Hope you find another nice, quiet, smooth, fast truck soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete