Monday, July 15, 2013

Freedom Day

My pictures finally got on the computer and I'm thrilled. My mind typically jumps from one thing to the next, turning out blog post ideas every now and then, but this post really needed to come first. It was one that actually had pictures. So here goes a post finally! :)

July 4th

Our country celebrates Independence Day. 
Blake and I celebrated a day of freedom from the shop.

For the two years previous we have sat on our front porch as "The Biggest Small Town Parade" goes by our front door and have said that "Next year... we need to put something in the parade". Blake kept reminding me as the time got closer that we haven't planned anything yet. I can think of lots of cool ideas for floats, but when it comes to advertising your mechanic shop?

We settled on a long trailer with a tool box, an engine hoist w/ engine block, and some other miscellaneous display items. The banners looked sharp and the six gallons of candy that we got to throw were quite fun!





My bro-in-law's girlfriend


As an after thought we grabbed a box of 250 pens that were a bit of a mistake but have our name on them. Since we're not going to have this address for too much longer (we hope!), we figured we'd throw them. It wasn't until after it was all over that we started computing how many people must have been there. We threw the pens very sparingly --- possibly to every tenth person?!

Definitely fun and worth the effort. Blake says next year we need to throw frisbees- there was plenty of candy getting thrown! Maybe next year it won't be raining beforehand and maybe next year I'll think not to decorate it with crepe paper (or creepy paper as my husband calls it). It seriously does not hold any shape when wet. What a shock! :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! It was fun! Glad I could go along. :) "That is a bad picture of me!!" (Just sayin')

    ReplyDelete