Monday, October 27, 2014

In Which We Announce:


Baby! 


It's been super fun telling all our friends and family over the past weeks about the little tyke who will be joining us come spring. It's been really exciting to talk to God about the little one that He is sending to us. And truthfully some days it's just been a little overwhelming and scary to think about having a child join our lives... Our lives that are so not baby oriented, but still, ones that can be baby oriented with a little revamping. 
We are excited. I am thrilled beyond words to think of being a mom. 

Some times when I think about prayers that God has answered, I am overwhelmed. I specifically remember, soon after we got married, praying that God would allow us five years. I just really wanted to have five years to grow up before we would have children. Some times it seemed a little too long, and some times five years seemed to be coming too soon, but I am oh so thankful that he answered that prayer for us!

We went to NC just after those two pink lines showed up so clearly and we spent long hours on the beach, discussing our little one, discussing the realities and the happinesses. 
That little babymoon was the best fun ever!

One evening while sitting there, a little family arrived and started walking slowly along the beach. Their free spirited daughter, who was probably about four, started running, her long dark hair just blowing beautifully along with her. Both of us were captivated by her adorable style and after they left, we walked along the water to where she had run on her own. Her footsteps ran through totally touched-only-by-water sand. You could tell that her little legs had been running at full tilt, just so that she could feel the wind on her face. I told Blake that that is what I hope our little one is like. Just totally willing to walk where no one has walked, not afraid to be bold and daring, free spirited and full of life. And my prayer is that all that energy that I hope my child has will be fully poured out on God, who is the giver of life.

I cannot wait to meet this baby. April seems so very, very far away!

4 comments:

  1. That just made me cry.... Love you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm so excited for you.

    And not to dampen your spirits, but those bold & daring, free spirited children...
    they are much cuter from afar. ;)

    I have 4 and most days I love it and wouldn't give it up. And most days I'm pulling my hair out and screaming in frustration. And most days Jay wonders how we are all still alive.

    It's a miraculous thing. our survival.

    But, though it would be easier, I don't think I'd know what to do with a calm child.

    Can't wait to hear who you get!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So excited for you two!
    Being a mom is more fun than I ever thought it could be, watching them grow and learn new things everyday. You will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete