Saturday, April 7, 2012

Even though I know my security is in Christ, there are times when I forget that and allow my circumstances to define who I am. This week was one of those times.

Last week our business computer crashed- something to do with a bad virus that is new and can get past antivirus programs. My frustration that day turned to distress as several days passed and I was still not able to do payroll and write any bills. The situation weighed even heavier on Blake because I let projects go out without being paid, which then put the bank account in a bad position for ordering more parts for the next jobs.

Then to top off the stressfulness for Blake, I didn't work much this week. Lanna was able to come visit for a few days.  After she got here on Tuesday afternoon, we spent the next 72 hours discussing wedding plans and shopping far and wide for necessary stuff. After spending several hours in Jo-Ann's, we succeeded in making good use of a great pre-easter sale they had. She has lots of pretty fabric now that must be sewn into dresses. Yes, she is sewing her own wedding dress. I'm thankful that it is her doing that project. :)

Once I finally got my computer back, it had a whole new hard drive with no programs so today I finally got all my programs downloaded back onto it. My accounting software was recently backed up but my billing software... well let's just say I thought I was diligently doing it every day and didn't realize what exactly was happening. I'm still hoping that my old hard drive can have that info gotten off it because otherwise... there might be a lot that is lost and I'm hoping my position as wife is not one of those. Blake wasn't exactly happy with me over that one!

Yesterday Lanna and I drove her back to Michigan, where she and Micah were catching a train to Chicago in a few short hours. Then I delivered my truck load of engine parts to a guy about an hour from Lanna's and arrived back home before it was even really late! It felt good this morning to see a little more space back in the engine/transmission room from cleaning out those parts that I took.

My brother Josh moved out here last week and this week started a job doing...something with building. Truthfully I'm not exactly sure what he does but he said he was wearing a hard hat and it sounded like a roof was being put on. All that to say, he now has a cute little apartment over the library and has a job he likes and I'm happy to have him near by, even if he does work most waking hours and some hours where I'm still sleeping!

I enjoy those few times when I get to hang out with my siblings- it's not every day I get to see them and I'm thankful that we get to see each other once in a while. I pity those poor settlers who traveled west in covered wagons and who didn't always even get to see their family ever again!

1 comment: