Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fish or Her?

The song "I'm Gonna Miss Her" came on the radio while I was out in the shop sweeping the floor. If you listen to country music, you'll know which song I'm meaning. 

I muttered that the guy in the song is a jerk. 

Of course, I was asked to repeat myself, which I happily did. I love to see men be men and if I have the opportunity to remind any men what I think a real man is, I do. (Is that what's called outspoken?!)

In short, his girl told him not to go fishing but if he does, she'd be gone by noon. He obviously chooses to go because he then says "I'm gonna miss her, oh look there, I've got a bite".

So I had to then explain why I think the guy's a jerk. 

If the guy would have considered that her love meant more than fishing, he might have stayed. Obviously he didn't. 

One of the guys explained that she was the jerk and he couldn't stand being around her, so fishing was a more relaxing option. I maintained that if she felt loved, she would be nicer and love and respect him back. 

I love to see guys who respect their wives and speak highly of them even when not around them. Sadly I hear way too much that doesn't make me think guys love their wives. 

I try to tell them that their wives would feel special if they truly took the time/effort to care. I am thankful that I can use my husband as an example. 

He wouldn't trade me for fishing. ( Hmmm... Actually I wonder if I should use trucks as an example!) 

He listens and genuinely pays attention to the things I ask of him.
I'm thankful for a man with a depth of character!

1 comment:

  1. I think the song is hilarious.

    Here's why:

    the feminest movement.

    While I will agree with you that if men would treat their wives with love & tenderness & respect most of them would be more pleasant to live with, I also believe that "women" have brought these attitudes out in men. The constant pushing for first place has beaten our men down over the last few decades and after being married for almost 10 years and giving birth to 3 boys I will say that if you treat them like a child or as beneath you, then they will almost always act like they are. And if given an ultimatum (such as, "don't fish or I'm gone) they will choose other than you almost every time. It's their only defense to the onslaught against their manhood. And one surefire way to get your goat. They like to do that for some reason. I think it's to assert their authority in some miniscule way. After all, they no longer are the sole breadwinners, the authority over the household, or (in my case) needed to reach the top shelf.(hee hee)Our "women are better than men" mentality has emasculated them so their only recourse is to just really tick us off!

    note***
    I say all of this lightheartedly and in fun even if there is a grain of truth to it! =)

    ReplyDelete