Sunday, February 10, 2013

Journal Entry - 11 Yrs Ago


February 10, 2002
 Here I sit, writing in awe. Yoders got to Vermont today, but that is not what I am in awe of. I'll tell of that in a minute. Josh happened to be at Dan's and he looked up and saw a large van - one that did not belong in Vermont. All of the sudden he realized it must be them . He ran over and sho'o'nuf it t'was them. He gave them directions. They thought it was our house but I righted them on that. Anyway, I am in awe. I met the very first boy who actually put his arm around me!
 Here's the story. Maria, Lanna, and I headed outside after battling the little girls off of us. We headed out and slid on our boots and sleds when we could snatch one. Then after a while went in to warm up. When we came out, Blake and Mark were police. They slid into anyone who they thought were out of order. Once Maria and I came running out and as soon as they were off the sled I grabbed it and headed down the hill. Mark got on the back and yelled for Blake who came to the rescue. QUICK. This is the part where I am in awe. Blake put his arm around my shoulder from the side. "You're under arrest!" he yelled at me. I forcefully pushed him away. "Get off of me!" I yelled right back. Then Mark suggested to have me pull him up the hill. Maybe I would leave if I had to work, but oh no. I pulled right along with Blake (He kept his head aright and his shoulders square and he wouldn't look at me.) and told him how nice  he was to give Mark a ride up the hill... etc.


And that is my first memory of meeting Blake. :) 




(Apparently 12 yr olds are in such an awkward stage, that they don't even get many pictures taken. I could not find even one picture of either of us where I was convinced we were 12!)

No comments:

Post a Comment