Monday, February 18, 2013

A Weekend to Remember

We escaped this place for two blissful days! When you are burned out and exhausted, two days away can be the most amazing thing ever. 

Friday night we left work smack dab at 6 o'clock and ran home, packed a quick bag and headed to Toledo. We had to meet up with a guy to deliver some parts on Saturday but we got a hotel - and apparently it was the most expensive one ever cuz they charged $10 for breakfast! 
We skipped breakfast.
We really shouldn't have though cuz then we got kinda stuck at a machine shop where we were dropping stuff off... after six hours of talk we finally left for Subway. While I waited though I got to study some really cool old vehicles parked in the back of the shop. 
Is this cool or what?!



To the best of my memory, we had never sat in Subway to eat before. I felt like we were a dating couple - we sat across from each other and talked the entire time. The topic of customers, trucks, and money never came up; instead we discussed meteorites in Russia and our favorite country songs that we hadn't heard in ages. 

Sunday we had to go back to the machine shop to pick up a part to deliver back to another shop in our area, but we hurried and were out of there in lots less time than Saturday's visit. We stopped at Dairy Queen on our way home, yet another thing that I don't ever remember doing with my man. And then he took me to Kohl's just to go fun shopping. :)

We laughed and talked so much together - I think we'd almost forgotten that we are such good friends. The stress of work overpowers all too often and we get 100%  fried and sick of each other. 

I asked Blake on our way home if he'd had a nice weekend. He responded quickly that he was so glad and that he had had a great time too. The look on my face told him that he hadn't heard me correctly, but we laughed together when he realized what I had asked him. 

We needed that mini vacation. 
Our energy for living life has been renewed. :)

3 comments:

  1. That sounded like the bestest thing for you guys. I am so glad you got to do it and have fun while you were at it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cool car! I was happy that you guys could get away. The guys at the shop were practically lost with out Blake, they waited till they were stuck to decide to call him, because they didn't wanna bug you guys. :) I don't know much, but they had to do everything about 3 times. By then I think I knew how to put in injector valves or what ever they're called, and what ever else they did... Lol. Ok. maybe not. Haha It was amusing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got away for a weekend?! I'm so proud of you! Even if it did involve trucks. ;) You definitely need to do it more often. When Daniel and I were in Austin, we realized that we don't go our regularly just the two of us, and maybe we should change that. It doesn't have to be much, but just once a month for dinner would be fun, and it doesn't even have to be that expensive or anything. It does wonders for reminding us that we ARE best friends!

    ReplyDelete