Monday, October 24, 2011

No. One. Will. Believe. Me.

              Neither that clutch nor that brake worked. I am serious!                                               And this was the result.

There was a bump, a scrape, and then a BANG. And it wasn't gonna move. The frame was on the curb and the wheels were not really on the ground.
And I was shaking. So naturally, I called Blake. In a calm, common sense way, he told me to put it in reverse and back out. I tried. Then he said to put it in four wheel drive and back out. I tried. Then the two great guys at Advance Auto Parts tried to push it. It didn't even rock. So Blake came with a chain. It moved. :)
   Now the guys all just roll their eyes and say "Female Drivers!" I say "Duramax 6-speeds with ABS brakes are not for me. Even if we are told to put 50 miles on to test a customer's truck, I do not want to be the one to do it!"
 

I don't want to drive that one again. Maybe I'm weird, but those pedals did NOT go down!


P.S. Please note that I think the only damage to the truck was a small piece of the bug deflector that is no longer with us. That's a relief!

No comments:

Post a Comment