Monday, March 12, 2012

Aunt Barbara

Today I was thinking about my aunt. She is my dad's youngest sister. Our most common feature- barely hitting the five foot height mark- makes it easy for people to mistake one of us for the other. Do you see any family resemblance?

She is a peacemaker and a prayer warrior, always seeming to know the right thing to say. She inspires me.

Even though she lives a day's drive away from me, I still would say that she has been one of the most influential examples for me since I have been married. I am thankful that she is not only willing to pray, but also to show by example what a wife is supposed to be.

"Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled." Titus 2:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment