Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nine Notes for Now

1) Blake and I both made it to work early and every time I think about it, I smile. It made very me happy! What do I mean by early? Well the shop opens at nine, so we normally arrive no earlier than five minutes of nine. This morning though, Blake decided to come to work early. He got here at seven, I got here around eight. Blake is not a morning person, so I'm proud of him for his determination!

2) My best friend is getting married in June. My sister is getting married in August. Two weddings, 800 miles away. Two bridal showers, two friends asking my opinions (which I do so love to give!:) ), two trips to Vermont this summer... Helping them plan is such fun. I'm so excited!

3) Forgiveness: what does it really look like? I listened to an excellent message on it yesterday and then had an opportunity to put it into practice, but resisted strongly. Forgiveness is a cancellation of debt. It is a releasing of one's right to ever use that against the person again. Ever. God has showed the ultimate example of forgiveness. If we choose to not forgive, we are saying that we are better than God because, although He can forgive, we are too good for that.

4) Four different parts trucks have been getting at least partly torn down this past week. I love it when they get dismantled but then shelving parts is a job for me. I have a pile of stuff that I can not label and do not know where it goes. I'm musing on what to do with it. Blake will have to help me.

5) Yesterday was beautiful and about 60 degrees. Today is rainy, but that is ok. It's spring and I love it!

6) I got my flip flops out yesterday!!!

7) There are couple big projects in the shop that must get finished this week. They are taking way too long. One is an automatic to six speed swap in a Ford Cummins. Another one is a Duramax engine rebuild.

8) Meals are a Must! This week I'm trying really hard to eat good- for- me foods. I spend a lot of hours in my day at work and it gets so easy to just pop snacky-lacking-in-nutrition foods in my mouth quickly when I'm hungry. It's mostly lack of discipline. So this week I decided that I must do better about what I eat and I must make myself make meals. So, I tried and succeeded in making a few meals this week that were not really what my husband desired to eat. My new motto? Meals for my man are a must! I made Italian Wedding Soup one night... it had spinach, carrots, meatballs... yes, it was yummy, but he did not approve of drowned meatballs. :( 

9) What is a good friend? What does it take to be one? How do you know when to overlook in order to be a friend and how do you know when to say something? I want to learn to be a better friend and would love your thoughts on this!

3 comments:

  1. #9 I struggle with constantly. I usually bite my tongue on things as long as my friend isn't doing anything to harm him/herself and/or their child(ren) if that IS the case I do my best to speak up respectfully.. but it is always hard and sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.

    My very best friend has some obvious faults (don't we all?!) and I find that it's easier to overlook and focus on the positive as much as possible.

    Drowned meatballs? Sounds like my husband! He does not like soup/stews!

    And yay for weddings! Is this Lanna getting married? So crazy to imagine that, although I even struggle sometimes to imagine YOU are grown and married now!

    Take care :)

    Sarah (from Vt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sarah, Lanna is getting married- I know, crazy but super exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine, I LOVE the pinks and greens. The "hot pink" color is hard to read, but the rest looks great!
    ~Mom

    P.S. Sorry about the picky eater. I tried!

    ReplyDelete