Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Us- and Others

Sundays are usually slow and lazy for us. Blake gets bored and I enjoy getting to spend time with him when he's not all greasy. :) Some Sundays Blake's siblings show up because, like us, they too are bored.

Maria walks in and sometimes asks for the ice cream and sometimes just helps herself, but she always eats it. (Ice cream is a staple at our house.) The other girls then are polite and eat some too. Logan just entertains us.

This Sunday was different though. We dragged the guys out for a bit of a photo shoot- they weren't really thrilled, so as we started walking, they grabbed the two bikes in the garage. Shannah began adjusting her camera settings and then snap! Two amazing things happened at the same moment:

 Yep, the camera clicked at the same moment that Logan's brakes clicked because his front tire was too close to Blake's back tire. So we stood there and laughed for a while since, after all, no one got hurt!

I begged Blake to pose with me for a picture and Logan thought that was funny, at least I'm guessing from the look on his face. I told him - Blake, not Logan- that I knew he really wanted to pose with a cute girl like me.
He smirked but then obliged. And instead of posing just with me, he had to pose with several cute girls. Look how happy he looks! *wink*
 And then I heard that there was a dead cat in the river so I was studying the river (yes, you guessed it- I was trying to spot the thing!) while everyone else started to walk away and then my friend came riding up.



I love that he got off his bike to stand beside me, even though I think he missed the memo to smile!

We went to take a rest on the chiropractor's door step, and Shannah's camera came back out.
Although he looks grouchy, we did get him to smile, just a tad.
Do the dead flowers remind you of anything other than Miranda Lambert's song?!

Our relaxing time was over and we moved on. We spotted this old building out behind another building and we girls contemplated whether it would be considered trespassing to go over and take pictures beside it. Maria decided that Dad knew the owner of the land so it would be ok.

When we got close to it though, we realized the whole building was covered in poison ivy, with the leaves just beginning to grow. We all look slightly cautious about how close we got. :)

 There was an old car inside and I so badly wanted to get in there somehow- despite the poison ivy!- and get a picture of my man peering in the window at me. It would be classic because I would be smiling and he would be saying "Get out of there! You are trespassing!" He and Logan hadn't even ridden their bikes back to this building with us though, and so I called him and encouraged him to come over. He very happily said "No thanks" and stayed out on the road because, as he said, he wasn't going to trespass with us.

So we left the old building and kept on walking. :)

We saw this building on a side road and decided to take a picture, using Shannah's tripod. I believe this building was part of the old railroad station, and this would have been the back side of the building back in the day.
Logan and Blake were having trouble concentrating on the camera though. Blake wanted to be riding his bike; Logan felt a great need to reach the boarded window above. He tried extra hard, but was greatly bothering Blake so he stopped.
We found a nice grassy spot to rest some more. Of course, more pictures were taken. I told Blake to say really sweet things to me so that the picture would be more romantical. (That's a word, right?!)
So after he had stuck out his tongue for a while, he started whispering quiet insults, which is what he always does when we're getting pictures together. That makes me laugh and then we get good pictures. :)
In case you couldn't figure it out, I love hanging out with this guy!

Thank you Shannah for taking great pictures and for the rest of you who hung out with us for the afternoon. We enjoyed ourselves!



No comments:

Post a Comment