Monday, May 7, 2012

Truck Pulls

Two years ago I went to my first truck pull and secretly I was glad that we were late. We went to a few more truck pulls that summer and I really despised them. To me they were just an extension of work and they bored me horribly!

Now knowing a lot more people who are also at the truck pulls and understanding what is happening a little better, combined with prayer that I would learn to love what my husband does, I literally count down the days!

Saturday was the pull at the local fairgrounds. All week I reminded Blake that we had a date on Saturday. He was excited too and locked up the shop at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday. The day was beautiful and warm so I forgot our sweatshirts- a fact which I really started regretting around 8 o'clock!

The dyno was first. A couple of friends put their trucks on the dyno to see how much horsepower they were putting out.
This one did 323 HP.
This one: 525 HP
(This picture was previously taken. :) )

Tractor pulls had been going all day but we began watching about the time the gas trucks started. I'm not a big fan of gas truck pulls because they are super loud and really not that fast or spectacular. There was one that I liked a lot because the front wheels came of the track as it pulled.

A few of our customers decided to pull. And lots of other people pulled. There were 40 trucks just in the work stock class!
Blake tells people that smoke does not always equal power, but there was an awful lot of smoke. :)
 The 2.6 class is a bit more impressive.

It got dark and we started to get quite cold.
In fact I got so cold that when a friend offered to get his jacket out of his truck, I took him up on the offer. He warned me that it was camouflage. I guess folks know what I think of hunting! I was too cold to care though and it made the rest of the evening much warmer!
 We had a blast!

1 comment:

  1. I have gone to truck pulls since I was way little, but I still don't know much about the trucks. But its still fun to me. I was so happy to be able to go! :)

    I too, don't care much for the gas trucks...

    I'm glad to hear you got a jacket! BTW, You look good in camouflage ;)

    ReplyDelete