Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Office

Pictures are worth a thousand words, but by the look of these pictures, it may take more than a thousand words to convince you that everything I've done so far in here really was time consuming!

I don't have many before pictures, but this was happening the first week before we moved anything in. The wall stayed just studs for a couple months and then we put the bead board on, but only just recently got doors and trim installed. Where Blake is standing is where those large doors are now (pictured shortly).

 


 Drew, who has been doing a fantastic job around here!
 The door on the left is where a bathroom is going to be at some point in the near future.
Josh very sweetly helped me get the line straight for me to paint.
I'm pretty sure he knew I would have put the tape on and said "Yep, that looks pretty straight".  He's nice - and knowledgeable- like that. :)    
Nine gallons of paint later, here you go. The wood wall still needs another coat or two of varnish.

 Large doors, specially built just in case we ever need to bring something big into the office.
 Blake's office is hard to picture, but it's the second doorway straight down the hallway through this middle doorway.
That first door on the right is my closet, which I think is so cool, and the second door is Blake's office. 

Before:

After:
I ended up with a gallon of ugly tan so I used it on the walls in here and I rather like it now! This is the room that I dry-walled too. 
Did I mention that I've come to the distinct conclusion that I do not like playing with that kind of mud??

The lunch room can finally be used again too. All the office stuff was piled here for way too long. It feels good to be able to sweep the whole floor again!



And there is the tour of my freshly painted life. :)

2 comments:

  1. oh that seating looks so much better there than my basement. lol. you *are* amazing. I hope Blake realizes just how much talent he got when he got you!

    -Mom

    ReplyDelete