Monday, April 28, 2014

Best. Day. Ever.

Yesterday, seeing how the weather was gorgeous, had us both in a cheery mood and feeling like doing something great. I convinced my husband to go to the backyard and determine which of the trees can be cut down. There is moss growing where grass should be growing and several of the trees are dead anyway. So those were easy decisions and then we continued meandering back to the "shrubbed-in" section of our land. 

Previously, like before the owner from whom we purchased this place, the property was owned by a landscaper who had some bit of a nursery. Maybe I've mentioned this before but 40+ years for shrubs can make them huge! Between blackberry brambles, multi-floral roses, other nameless bushes, and said shrubs, it's a jungle back there. 

But. There is one semi-clearing that, thanks to Josh and my favorite-guy-in-the-whole-world, is now amazing!!!

Look at this!!! It's like our own little paradise! You can't see any trucks, or whole houses, and if you sit back and pretend, you can't even hear any traffic. :) 
 
The trail back into there looked so cool, I thought; the guys didn't like getting scratched so we widened it too finally, but wasn't it romantically "trail-ish" with the overhanging bushes?!

 Blake's new mower is fantastic too. I thought it was a bit overkill, but now that I've seen how great it is at clearing land, I love it! 
He did a lot of the mowing while Josh and I clipped the larger bushes and tried to stay ahead of the ginormous mower. 

That brush pile just kept getting bigger and bigger and finally I lit it on fire. 



Josh, Logan, and Sandy all left about dark and we stopped clearing after we couldn't see any more.

Then we cooked hot dogs,
and sat on stumps close to the fire -
and even closer to each other,
 and toasted marshmallows 
(and ate as many as we wanted!),
and wished that the night would never end. 

It's our little haven out there- I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment