Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Driveway Gravel

  A dump truck arrived today. I always loved watching a dump truck as a kid, but the bang at the end was always my favorite. I'm still a little kid at heart and so I still enjoyed it. *smiles*
  After he left, I had to spread it where it was needed most- around the edge of the concrete pad out front of the shop and around behind the shop where it is/was mostly mud.
That skid steer and me work together kinda like oil and water. If you try really really hard they sorta kinda mix a little tiny bit, for a very brief second. Slowly I moved it and spread it out. I was even a bit impressed with how well I was doing. Then Blake came out. He hinted that he could do it faster and better. I didn't doubt it, but convinced him that I was having fun. After my attention span wore out, he finished. And I think he enjoyed himself. And, even though I knew he would do it much better than me, I was still amazed.
I think he might be concentrating. :)
  Old guys so often tell us that they've been doing something since before we were even born. So when I hopped on the skid steer and took a ride down the driveway with him to fill in a pot hole, I informed him that I was impressed with how excellent of a job he was doing. I then asked him how he learned to do it so well. He informed me that it's because he's been doing it since before I was born. :)
 Yes, the front wheels are off the ground, and yes, the truck on the trailer is a new thousand dollar gem to get turned into a thousand parts and hopefully more than a thousand dollars. I think the million pieces of rock now on the driveway make me even happier than that one big gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment