Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Curtains

Before my family came for a visit, back when I got that random urge to make my house look cozier, I made new curtains for my kitchen. Now I'm thinking that I would love to make curtains for the whole main floor of the house, but I only did the kitchen windows. The heart appliques took a long time so I only put them on the curtain for the door. :)


  I had two styles in mind, but I wanted them to look puffy. I thought about making puckers sort of like in Maria's dress- she was the flower girl in my wedding. I can't think how else to describe it and I'm told that a picture's worth a thousand words.

  My other idea was to try to do it the way I've seen in some Amish friends' homes. Doubled up and when all done they are supposed to be fluffy. I chose to try this style.
 Well... It didn't work right. They looked like this.
If you will notice, only the left end is a little puffy. The rest is quite flat. When I hung it up, I was bummed! I had just washed the window and there was a roll of paper towels sitting there. All I could think of was that it needed something stuffed in there.
  You guessed it- on the left end there are paper towels stuffed in there. Then it looked lumpy.  
  Fortunately Shannah stopped by and suggested tuille. I've often wondered why they sell so much of that stuff at Jo-Anns! Now I know. :) Take a couple yards and start stuffing curtains. Then they'll come out looking like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment