Friday, December 2, 2011

A fresh new coat of... Decorating

The house needed a new look... I was sick of the same one (look I mean, not house!) that I saw every night when I came home from work and again the next morning for a few minutes before we left for work. So one day I took some time off work and went shopping. Yep, I really love shopping, but especially when it is for little verses or pictures or strings of hearts or curtain fabric to make my house look cheerier. For some reason I find that kind of shopping much more fun than clothes shopping or even food shopping- which is amazing because I do so love to eat! :)
   So... since my living room got re-wallpapered this fall and I do not particularly care for the pattern/color, I decided that perhaps some more decorating would make me not notice the wallpaper as much. I started shopping mostly for the living room. The dining room colors are so much more fun and cozy though, so I enjoyed working in there more.
  There were a few different projects that I greatly enjoyed doing, but this was my favorite... Except for possibly my new kitchen curtains which I have forgotten to take pictures of every time that I have stopped at home.
   I took down a few pictures I had on one wall in the dining room, and created this:
--And no, I'm not a photographer and so that is why I took the picture from an angle. When I took it from the front it got this blot from the flash, but my house is dark and I didn't want the picture to turn out like this: --
I had hoped for a sack of burlap to pin my pictures on, but couldn't find one. Apparently they discontinue stocking them at Pat Catan's after Halloween! So I went to Jo-Anns and bought a yard of burlap. Then to hold it all together, I used some straight pins that must have been about what Laura Ingalls would have used... I'm not sure where they came from but they sure were old; I felt good about finally giving them some purpose!
This is my favorite picture that Blake and I have ever gotten. Neither of us are photogenic so I was impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment