Wednesday, September 12, 2012

1096 Days

Of washing greasy jeans.
Of listening to my chatter.
Of learning to operate a business.
Of understanding how another person can think so differently.
Of trying to cook tasty food.
Of living like an adult.
Of establishing life in a state different from where I grew up.
Of choosing to love another person some days.
Of spending Sundays sleeping the exhausting week off.
Of googling questions rather than asking Mom.
Of never knowing which truck is going to be working at which moment.
Of truly becoming best friends.

Almost 1100 days ago, 3 years to be exact, two kids put their arms around each other and, holding onto their promises to each other, marched into the future with absolute confidence. 
 Yep, that'd be us!

And now, three years later, we understand each other more fully*, fight more fiercely (realistically,of course, because we know full well who will win!), give more willingly, and love more deeply than we ever did that day.
Just when I think I love him more than I ever could, I realize I just learned to love a him a little more.
I love you Blake!

*This probably fits Blake more than me. :)

4 comments:

  1. That. is. so...*sniff* stinkin' sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are great! Happy greasy Anniversary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, you're hilarious. :)

    Happy 1096th anniversary! We miss you two!

    ReplyDelete