Thursday, September 27, 2012

Coon Conversations

There was a thud that broke me out of my supper planning thoughts as we headed home from work.

Blake stopped mid sentence to inform me that he "got him". 

"Got what?" I asked.

"A coon or possum. I hit him square." 

And before I knew it, we were turning around with a "Gotta see what it was. He popped out in front of me really fast."

Back up the road we went and Blake rolled down his window as we neared the road kill. 

"Dude! Didn't your mommy ever tell you to look both ways before you crossed the road?! I hit you square! You weren't very smart!" 

I smirked and tiredly started back into my thinking.

We went further up the road and turned back around towards home.

Suddenly the window rolled down again and into the darkness I heard "Shoulda listened better. I guess this time,
 She was right!"

2 comments:

  1. Lol. Now that is hilarious! I cried from laughing! I see, Blake has some humor like his brother...(and maybe a little of his weirdness too);D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the conversation he would have with Toby and Mary, the rabbits.
    ~Mom

    ReplyDelete